Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Five


One of the online communities I belong to asks questions for reflection on Friday's called the Friday Five. This week we were asked: As you look back over 2011 share 5 blessings, they can be as grand or as simple as you like,if you year has been like mine they are probably a mixture!

As you look towards 2012 share 5 hopes- again, anything goes!

Pictures and songs welcome!

Blessings:
1. My family, especially the birth of my newest grand daughter, Charlotte.
2. Amazing friends, both online and live.
3. A congregation that is vibrant and loving.
4. My self-defense instructor.
5. Mocha and Chloe- a huge labradoodle and tiny schnoodle.

Hopes for 2012:
1. To put my keys and purse in the same place every day.
2. To be responsible for the energy I bring into a room. I heard that on an interview with Jill Bolte Taylor, a Harvard brain scientist who suffered a stroke. During her recovery she was aware of people's energy in a very palpable way. There are some people who really do suck our energy and leave us feeling drained. I want to be aware of my energy and what I bring into a room as I enter it.
3. To stay away from people who have toxic energy as much as possible.
4. To find a new living situation for my 35 year old disabled son. I need to find a counselor who can help him deal with agoraphobia and begin to engage in life with the limitations he has.
5. To sleep at least 7 hours a night.





1 comment:

RevDrKate said...

Blessings on your efforts in avoiding all that toxic energy.